Home » , , , , , , » Bizarre Sea Creature Caught By A Fisherman In Singapore

Bizarre Sea Creature Caught By A Fisherman In Singapore

Written By Mister Gu on Monday, April 13, 2015 | 4:15 PM

An “alien-like” sea creature that possesses around 100 arms has been discovered by Ong Han Boon while angling off the Singaporean island of Pulau Ubin. The unknown species resembles an octopus, but rather than eight arms it has an astonishing 100 moving tentacles. Boon decided to post his video of the bizarre creature online in the hope that someone, friend or expert, could solve the mystery.
Unidentified Sea Creature with 100 arms

He said, “I’ve asked all my friends and none of them know and all my internet searches have not turned up anything that looks like this. So, if no one can identify it then I guess I’m right — it’s either an alien or I’ve discovered a new species of mutant sea creature. That would not surprise me with all the pollution they put in the water nowadays.”

So far, no one has been able to definitely identify the sea beast. According to Discovery News, it's likely a basket star, an invertebrate  - a member of the same phylum, Echinodermata, as sea stars and sand dollars. However, basket star rarely seen in Asia region, normally they live along the Pacific Coast, from the Bering Sea to southern California.
SHARE

About Mister Gu