Paranormal Encounters

Written By Mister Gu on Monday, April 4, 2011 | 9:12 AM

Paranormal Encounters

My family's first paranormal encounters, which happened mainly in the mid-seventies.

One very dark, solid black mass, blocked me from entering the dining room and stood there about 5 or 6 inches in front of me...saying nothing and not moving. Then it darted out of the house when I turned my head slightly to the left. I'm guessing "we" stood face to "face" for more than a minute.


My younger brother, who occupied my old room at home, saw three of these dark things (they had depth) ascending from the concrete floor and in plain view. He didn't share the story for more than 15 or 20 years. He started sleeping with the lights on, and continued until he married and subsequently left home. Then all my brothers and my father admitted they were visited. Each of us shared a common element to our different stories. One fact we shared, this was constant, these were not hallucinations. My younger brother refuses to discuss the subject anymore. I'm guessing it made a memory he cannot escape.

My latest encounter happened last year, during early winter this. I was relaxing and reading in my bedroom. I felt a cold breeze, and got up to turn the thermostat up, but nothing happened. I started through the house and came to a corner in the kitchen where the basement door gave me access to the basement. It was pitch black everywhere I turned. After I descended three steps with nothing but solid darkness I got a bad feeling. The basement light is always on, as there are no light switches at the top or bottom of the basement steps. I headed back up the stairs, shutting the basement door behind me. I needed a flashlight and a fresh light bulb.

Once I was equipped, I started toward the basement again. When I opened the basement door, the basement light was shining brightly..., I reasoned that the light was probably ON the first time I opened the basement door. That meant something had to be blocking the light. I headed down to the furnace, hit the reset button, and the furnace fired up, no problems.

I didn't turn that light ON or OFF. I avoided even touching the string attached to the switch. The light burned 24/7 for the next couple of months. I never saw anything that assumed the shape of any creature. That darkness at the top of the stairs and filling the basement was unusual for me. I'd describe it as a solid black fog.

I've avoided any more research on the subject. I'm more concerned with my health than my fascination of paranormal events. I'm happy to say nothing unusual has happened since that night, as well as I can recall anyway.

Touched By Something

Back to home page click on this

Peace,
jeff / gregory brown

Scroll down to comment...

SHARE

About Mister Gu