My Corn Doll Experience

Written By Mister Gu on Sunday, August 8, 2010 | 6:08 AM

My Corn Doll Experience

Hello everyone. My name is Rosanna and I'm 13. I would like to share my story with you to see what you think. Please don't tell me I'm making this up because it really did happen to me and even my parents didn't believe me.


I live in the mid-west in the U.S. When I was 12 years old I had a friend whose grandma used to make corn dolls out of corn husks that were dried. She had a lot of them and I always thought they were cute. One day my friends grandma said that I could have one - anyone I wanted. They even had little dresses on them. I picked one out and took it home. I put it on the dresser in my bedroom and I guess I forgot about it. One day I noticed it wasn't there so I asked my mom and she said she hadn't seen it. Well I found it under my bed later that day, so I put it back on the dresser.

About a couple weeks later I woke up in the middle of the night because I thought I heard someone tapping on my window and when I looked out of the corner of my eye I saw something like a small shadow run across the floor. I didn't think anything and went back to sleep. I told my mom the next day, but she said I was probably dreaming.

After that night I started to feel strange in my room. I can't explain it that well but it was like I wasn't really alone anymore. It was kind of like when you get goosebumps. I started to hate going in my room. I asked my mom if I could sleep with her but she told me there was nothing wrong with my room, it was my imagination.

A few weeks after that night, I saw a shadow on the floor. I noticed that the corn doll would not always be on my dresser. It would be on the floor or on my bed. Once, I even found it in the doorway to my room. We have a dog and my mom said it was probably the dog who got a hold of it but I didn't think so.

A couple of nights later I woke up because I heard someone singing softly. I couldn't understand the words, I could hear it but didn't know what it meant. I went into my moms room to tell her. She came in my room and said she didn't hear anything. My dad and mom divorced so it was just me and her in the house with the dog. The next night I woke up because it was getting hard to sleep in the room and I saw the corn doll dancing and spinning around in the middle of my bedroom floor. I sat upright in my bed and at that exact moment the corn doll fell on the floor and just lay there. I screamed and my mom came running in my room. I told her everything, she just told me I was having a nightmare but I swear I saw it, it was right there in my bedroom. My mom still doesn't believe me!

I took the corn doll back to my friend's grandma and told her I didn't want it anymore. She didn't even ask me why. She had a strange look when she took it from me. The next thing she did was take it outside and burnt it. I didn't even tell her anything about that doll but she said after it burned, there are things that can't be explained.

I will never have anymore dolls - ever again!

True story by Rosanna Northwood

Hat Man Or Something Else?


SHARE

About Mister Gu